Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday, March 16th - Saint Paddy's Day Eve

Dark Chocolate Canella with Balsamic Peach

Being of Irish decent, it's only natural that I would embrace a holiday like Saint Patrick's Day. Granted, I'm not a huge fan of the "driving out" of any culture, but the modern celebration of March 17th is always a jovial one that I am happy to take part in.

You'll find me at tonight's MIX market from 5-9PM along with:

-Green mint whoopie pies
-Irish cream whoopie pies

-Mini irish car bomb cupcakes (chocolate Guinness cupcakes topped with irish cream buttercream)
-Black and tan cupcakes (layered Smithwick's and Guinness cake, topped with irish cream buttercream)

-Dark chocolate canella with balsamic peach 
-Peanut butter beurre noisette (brown butter) canella

-Ginger gooseberry crumble
-Blueberry maple crumble

-Traditional Irish soda farls

(Naturally, my baked goods aren't alcoholic. The cakes are slow-cooked to assure that the alcohol bakes out of them, leaving no more than the alcohol content of a typical extract or flavoring! The buttercream? Well that's a secret recipe, but I assure you it doesn't contain alcohol!)

MIX marketplace is located at 200 W Michigan Ave, Ypsilanti Michigan. I will also be set up there tomorrow at the Saturday market from NOON until 5PM! Be there or be square.

No comments:

Post a Comment